Please always refer to the producer's manual, which is usually included in the furniture delivery.
CARE FOR PAPER CORD WEAVE CORRECTLY
PAPER CORD SEATS
Paper cord seats usually require no or only minimal care, since strong paper cord will keep for years. It's a natural material that is naturally cool, comfortable and durable and that will gain a pretty patina over the years. If needed, an experienced basked weaver can repair or renew it.
CLEANING PAPER CORD
To clean a paper cord weave, wipe with a damp cloth that has been dipped in a neutral soap lye. Please don't do this too often, as it will increase the wear of the material.
Soap for cleaning paper cord is available in our online shop.
Paper cord is usually provided with a thin layer of wax, which makes is more stain resistant. However, strongly pigmented food and beverages, like for example red wine or fruit juices, may stain paper cord.
Should pigmented food land on the seat, please wipe it off immediately with a soft, damp cloth.
Please do not rub liquids into the paper yarn, but dab the spot carefully. Do not use liquid detergent on a paper cord seat!
Like any other seating furniture, strongly pigmenting textiles, like for example jeans, may discolour seats made of white, but also those with natural paper yarn. The best possible protection is to use seat cushions.
CARPETS MADE OF PAPER YARN
Paper yarn carpets are always provided with a stain repellent. This prevents dirt from being sucked up by the paper cord. The treatment also makes the carpets easier to care for, but it doesn't mean that they don't have to be cleaned at all. The stain repellent will last for one to three years depending on the use and can be renewed by a local specialist.
DAILY CLEANING OF PAPER YARN CARPETS
Normal care includes vacuuming (without brush). Once a month, we recommend to also vacuum underneath the carpet. Please pay attention not to damage the surface of the material (don't use abrasive agents or brushes). To remove loose dirt, wipe with a soft, damp cloth in the direction of the weave. Paper cord carpets should never be shaken nor beaten. Should you need to air it, roll up the cleaned carpet loosely and place it vertically standing up on an even surface.
STAIN REMOVAL ON PAPER CORD CARPETS
All stains should be removed immediately. React immediately and work carefully from the edge of the stain towards its centre, to not make the stain larger.
- Dried up residues of, for example candle wax or protein rich foods, like eggs or meat, should carefully be removed with a blunt knife or a similar tool. While doing so, please pay attention not to damage the surface of the material. Don't rub or scrub!
- Liquids, such as juice, should be removed immediately with kitchen paper or a damp, absorbent, white towel.
1. Dampen the cloth or towel with cold water and wring it out.
2. Tap the stain with the damp towel. When removing fatty stains, use little liquid detergent or a textile cleaner for natural fibres if needed.
3. Rinse with a clean, damp sponge or towel. Do not rub the surface!
4. Subsequently, dry by dabbing the stain with a dry cloth. Examine the underside of the carpet to see if the stain reached the back. If so, repeat the stain removal on this side.
5. Leave to dry.
PERIODIC THOUROUGH CLEANING
Please refrain from unnecessary cleaning. Each cleaning will increase the wear on your carpet. The best cleaning is achieved with a steam cleaning machine. This method will go easy on the surface and the material. Please use the lowest level of steam quantity. A foam cleaning with a carpet cleaning machine is also a possibility.
- Don't spin.
- Don't leave in water.
- Don't bleach.
- Don't wash or dry in a drum-type machine.
- Don't dry clean.